My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://blog.coreylukephotoraphy.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, August 01, 2010

An Evening At The Drag Races

An Evening At The Races

Saturday night my wife and I went to the Rocky Mountain Raceway to watch some drag races.  We been to races a few times, it's as much fun to watch the tremendous amount of horsepower these engine create as it is to watch the wide range of people from all walks of life.

And the Heavens Rained Down

We started to watch a few races and as luck would have it mother nature decided that a welcome rain, thunder, and lightning storm was in order.  So we sought shelter under the concrete walkway rather than the steel building we were sitting by instead.

Double Burn-outs

Since my wife and I had tickets to the hospitality tent, we decided to eat dinner and wait out the weather.  It was a good choice, as you can see by the above image.  The weather cleared up enough to get the track dry and create an amazing backdrop.

My father used to race when I was younger.  I remember going to the track and spending nearly the whole Saturday there.  I remember how much I loved getting a hamburger from the concessions stands, I can still taste them.  I remember watching my father roll over the embankment and hoping everything was OK and how ecstatic I was when I saw him sitting on the roof of his car holding his helmet up high as the tow truck pulled him back onto the track.  I remember the times when he would build up a car to compete in the demolition derby event.  And the time when my mother drove it in the "powder puff" demolition derby.

It's because of these memories I chose how to edit the following pictures, exactly how I remember seeing my dad race.  I hope you all like the images.

Chevrolet Chevelle

150mph motorcycle

West Coast Pro Comp

No comments: